Friday 24 September 2010

Click heavy!



This is one of the Holtzian cards I talked about yesterday. And several times in the preceeding weeks!!



I have an online friend (yes I do) who works for a charity called The Project Group. They support and offer all the know how for people with mental illnesses or challenges. Their income comes from the crafts they do - almost entirely by recycling other materials. Felted goods, jewellery, cards, handbags - you name it. They are currently in a public competition and the prize of £10,000 will be awarded by public vote. Yep, this is where you guys come in.

Given that we all acknowledge the 'therapy' that our crafting brings us, I feel we who are well enough to make and do on a daily basis without fear or strain have an affinity with groups that promote this sort of work for the good of our mental health. I wonder if you'd join me and vote for The Project Group? Here's how:
- click on Future Friendly Awards
- the 5 shortlisted projects will appear. The Project Group is right at the bottom
- click on "view more info" next to the Project Group
- click on vote
There is no doubt that the other charities are equally worthy - but The Project Group is the one in this instance, and I hope you agree.


Meanwhile, back at my desk, I had an email from 3M about some stuff on sale and the ATG monster gun is among them....worth a look if you've had ATG envy.....

Y'all have a nice weekend.

20 comments:

Jackie said...

Hi Julia, I've just been and registered my vote for the project but for some reason your link doesn't work.
Jackie

Sarn said...

I confirm . . .your link doesn't work Julia . . . but I did it manually and have voted. x

Neet said...

it redirected me so it was fine

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Yep, I KNEW your style was your own. This is a lovely card, one I would be proud to make. Of course, I'd use a real bingo card, although I suspect yours was a stamp, and I would use a real page in a book, but, again, I bet yours was a stamp. No matter how you make it, it's a very nice card.

BTW, the link worked for me. Looks like only one day left to vote, too.

Sue said...

A fabulous card Miss Holtz!
have been and voted, just followed the arrow, have great weekend hun, sue,x

Cardarian said...

Very Julia Holtzian! Love it! Sorry can't vote as I am not a UK citizen!
Hugs,
Cardarian

Jan Hennings said...

love this card :)

Anonymous said...

The link worked fine for me too. What a fantastic organiation. I voted - really hope they win.

LL Jan xx

Helen said...

Your card is lovely, and I have voted!

nicandalfie said...

voted, love the card, its nice to support something that helps others to.

Candace said...

voted x

Scrapcollectr said...

Cool blue card. Love that embossing. Thx for commenting on my blog on a day other than a Wedsnesday. I'm honored! =D

Angie said...

I feel really guilty for not doing anything crafty and rarely blogging. I had to pop by and say HI and have a catch up on your posts. Great card ...know what you mean about waiting to layer colours ...but its worth it. Have poped in and voted XX

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Just got back from my final WOYWWer this week (yep, it's Saturday night in my world) and wanted to check in. I sent the Project Group link to my friend Sally yesterday and the link worked for her, too. She has three computers (did I mention she's a pack rat and a hoarder?) and voted on EACH computer. So, you got several votes from the US in an unexpected way.

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

Love the card and the link worked for me too and my vote was registered. What a fantastic charity.

A,xx

nerllybird said...

I voted - and that project is a very worthy contender, I hope they win. I am particularly impressed by the way that they turn rubbish into lovely stuff: the very opposite of what I spend my time doing, hur hur :D

Claire said...

love the card Julia
C
xx

Rosie said...

Aarrgghhh, get thee behind me and all that! I've had my eye on one of those ATC thingies for a while, but am worried that I might find them too heavy for my arthrickety hands? Have also promised myself not to buy anything new for a while .... so am NOT listening!!

Sue from Oregon said...

Hey Julia...thanks for poppin in today. Here is a link to my nestie storage solution you asked about. I have to tell you it certainly works the best for me, but there are lots of neat ideas in this post here:

http://suesstampingstuff.blogspot.com/2010/01/how-do-you-store-it-edition-1.html

mckinkle said...

Super card Julia, love the shades of blue.

Sorry was to late to vote as now closed, I do hope they win!

Keryn x